We have a limited amount of funding remaining and after reviewing the available options, the group have individually prioritised each option. The scores have been counted and the following works are now progressing.
1. Progressing a fit-out proposal for tables and benches with integrated power provision for the atrium (under the main stairs for the building). This should be in place by the end of February 2017.
2. Extra touch-down/study furniture on first and second levels including looking out through the glazing (north and south):
3. Extra furniture outside the first floor lecture theatre entrance:
4. Extra furniture to provide an additional 28 seat in the study space, including some of the popular ‘Cube’ chairs as seen in the Harry Fairhurst learning space:
|The items marked in colour will be added to the existing furniture (shown in grey)|
5. Extra furniture outside the ground floor lecture theatre exit (vending area)
6. Internal and external signage updates
7. Artwork/branding on the lecture theatre walls to break up white space
8. An additional table in each seminar room alcove for papers, artefacts, catering, etc
9. Kitchenette provision in or around SLB/010 for staff and student use for light refreshments - this was highly requested our Students’ Union representatives and will take some time to provide in the correct location
10. Additional furniture outside the study space to extend it:
Furniture is typically on an eight-week lead time so we hope to have some of these items in place during the start of the Spring Term 2017.
Please do keep your feedback coming to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of the Learning Spaces Working Group